The Government of Hungary Offer fully funded Scholarship for international students to pursue their Bachelor’s, Master, and PhD free of cost inside Hungary. Students from across the globe (including Pakistan & AJK) can apply for these prestigious scholarships.
- Scholarship: Stipendium Hungaricum
- No of Scholarships:120 for Pakistan
- Nature of Scholarship: Fully-Funded
- Program Offer: Bachelor, Master & PhD.
- IELTS Requirements: Not Mandatory
- Academic Fields: All- Except MBBS.
- Submission application: Online
- Deadline 17 January
- Current Status: Open Now
Note: Every country has its own nominating agency. For Pakistan, HEC is the nominating agency. (For details read the below instructions for scholarship and prepare your documents from Now). NOW OR NEVER!
Financial Benefits for students:
The following benefits are received by the scholarship winner.
- No Tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend:
- Bachelors, Master = HUF: 43700/ Annually
- Doctoral Degree: HUF 140,000/ Annually for the first 4th Semester
- Accommodations: HUF 40,000/month for Rent Cost.
- Medical insurance:
Who can apply?
- Must be a citizen of the country who has diplomatic relations with Hungry
- Undergraduate: Must be 18-22 Years old.
- For Master: Must be under 35 years old.
- For PhD : Must be under 40 years old.
3. Degree Requirements:
- Must be Complete HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for undergraduate degree & One-Tier Master’s degree.
- Applying for a Master, Degree applicant must have 16 years of bachelor’s Degree or have equaling degree.
- For PhD, applicants must have 18 years of M.Phil Degree.
Note: Procedure: In the case of Pakistani students Two applications are required to be filled, one at stipendium Hungarian website also known as the TPF portal, and the second one at HEC online portal.
- Certificate and Degree Must be attested by the concerned authority of your country. In Pakistan, HEC did the attestation process. For details search on YouTube How to apply for HEC attestation.
- IELTS/TOEFL are not required by HEC. But see the Hungarian university requirement before applying. However, if you have IELTS/TOEFL it will increase your chance of selection.
- Applicants must submit a medical report of their health condition.
- In case of final selection applicant must submit a bond with HEC that he will return after completion of the program and serve their service inside in Pakistan for two years.
How to apply for this scholarship?
Every applicant needs to submit two online applications:
One to their Nominating Agency (HEC in the case of Pakistan) and the other to the particular university of hungry.
Note Please: Hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at the initial stage of the application process. However, applicants are required to keep a record of all the submitted documents along with printed copies of BOTH application forms (submitted online at HEC & Tempus Public Foundation). It will later be required to submit to both HEC and the hosting institute.
For applying the procedure you need to go through the following steps: for this first, you need to apply on TPS and then apply on the HEC portal.
Step 1: How to apply online to TPS (Tempus public foundation)?
You need to submit the online application to TPS with the help of the following guidelines.
- After the Registration, the applicant needs to read the instruction carefully and upload all the required documents to the online portal. Please keep in mind that without an online application (With in due date) you will not be considered for the scholarship. So check the deadline for the scholarship and apply before the deadline.
- After the online application, you need to print copies of your application and keep them with you.
- To apply online on TPS click the below link. For guidance, you need to watch the below video on How you can apply for Hungary ease to watch below video at the University of Debrecen.
STEP 2: How to apply for HEC online application for Stipendium Hungrum scholarships?
- First, you need to visit HEC online portal through this link. After that fill out your profile (if you are new on the HEC website). If you have already an account on the HEC portal then just log in and follow the below steps.
- Select “Scholarship and Grant” and then select the “Academic & Research Linkages” menu in the left bar. Remember you need to scan the bank slip of Rs: 1000 PKR in the account of HEC. Please visit the HEC website for their account number.
- All the required documents (Mentioned below) must be submitted to the online Stipiendum Hungrum application and to the TPS before the deadline. (See deadline in the 2nd paragraph of this article).
REQUIRED Documents for Stipendium Hungrum scholarship
- Online Application Form: Both Hungarian and HEC online applications.
- Motivation Letter: 1 Page (12 New Roman). If you don’t know how to prepare a motivation letter please click here.
- Proof of language proficiency: IELTS/ TOFEL/ University certificate.
- Degree Certificate: Scan copy of Secondary school, Bachelor/ Master/ PhD
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport
- Acceptance of Statement
For detail of the above-required document please visit this link:
Applicants applying for doctoral-level (PhD) need to upload the following documents.
- Research Plan
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of the Supervisor (if required by the proposed Doctoral School)
For detail on The required documents please visit here.
If have any questions and you are looking for an answer. Then please visit the following most common questions answer to the scholarship given to HEC Pakistan.